Oh how she grows...
I took Isabela to her 6 month well baby visit and I was quite surprised to find out that Miss Bela is in the 97th percentile for her weight, height AND head circumference!!! She is pretty much always high in percentile weight wise but I couldn't believe that she was height wise and head circumference wise. At least I know that she is growing all nice and strong :) Here are her stats-
weight: 19 lbs. 11 oz.
height: 28.3 in.
The doctor said that she is also doing very well developmentally. She examined how well Isabela can sit up on her own and how she can keep her head up while on her stomach. I told her that our little chubby face hates to be on her stomach and on her back and she said that was normal especially since Isabela loves to sit up and rock back and forth. The doctor noticed her rocking when she was sitting up and said that it's very common for kids to love to sit if they have spent lots of time in bouncer seats which our little one loved to do!
Other than that, I told her that Isabela was already started on solid foods like applesauce, bananas, rice and oatmeal cereal. The doctor said that if we wanted to we could start her on stage two foods which consist of finger foods like Cheerios, diced up pears and peaches and well any fruits except citrus ones. Isabela already tries to reach out for the bowl or spoon when I'm feeding her so it shouldn't be too much of a leap for her to reach out and grab the food for herself. I only hope she can actually put the food in her mouth and not on the floor!
Another piece of exciting news is that chubby face already has two front teeth coming in!!! I noticed she had been drooling a little bit and chewing on some of her toys but she was never overly fussy for no reason and so I didn't even notice that her teeth were finally in. One has already surfaced and the second one is on it's way up. It's the cutest thing EVER!!! Her smile was beautiful before but now it's a million times cuter with her pearly whites :)





