My baby is two months.
Here is a picture of the two of us on Mother's Day!
I can't believe that my baby girl is already two months old today!!! She has grown so much in these past couple weeks of life that I am completely blown away!!! As of today here are Isabela's stats: weight: 13 lbs. 2 oz.
height: 23 3/4 in.
the doctor said that she was growing perfect and healthy and that weight wise she is in the 95th percentile!!! My little chubby face is growing all nice and strong and I'm so happy :)
The not so good news of today is that my poor baby girl had to get three shots :( I gave her childs Motrin drops and that seemed to do the trick of helping her with the pain. She cried for maybe like three minutes and then she was done. She fell asleep not even ten minutes later.
She is cooing a lot and I swear it's like she wants to start talking. Just today as we were patiently waiting in the doctor's office she was perfectly content with having a one on one conversation with the wall :) It was so funny and so cute!!! Isabela is holding her head up a lot and she is growing to love her tummy time on her tummy leaf shaped pad. She lays there with her legs straight out behind her and her arms up over by her head, haha! I call her my little Superwoman ;)
My mom likes to call her her little "muñequita" which means doll in Spanish. I have to admit that she looks so beautiful that she does remind me of a little doll! She looks adorable in anything I put her in, especially anything pink!!! For almost a month now she has been wearing 3 month old clothes!!! She outgrew her 0-3 month old onesies around three weeks of age. You can imagine why everyone who comes up to us to say how pretty she is thinks she is at least five months old!!!
So Isabela is right on track with her developmental milestones and I pray that she will continue on growing as beautifully as she has thus far <3
.............
Before I finish this posting I thought you would all like to know that we FINALLY had our much anticipated and waaaaay overdo family reunion on April 13th!!! Jaccob was officially detached from the submarine in late March and was back in Guam, trying to fix the mess that was made of his orders. I knew that he was planning on trying to come and see us, but he told me that he needed to put in a request with Squadron (they are the head honchos, they are responsible for all the submarines stationed in Guam) to take some time for leave. Nothing in the Navy ever works out the way you'd like or expect, or is done in a timely manner, so I was a little discouraged. I had no idea when he'd be able to come see us. I would talk to him on the phone and ask him if he'd been able to put in his request, but he would only answer back saying that he needed to wait on a certain person, and that that person was too busy or not in the office for much of the day. I would later find out that he was just making this whole ordeal up and that he was secretly planning his trip to San Antonio! Of course you can imagine how I felt thinking that it would still be days and days before we would see him...I just wanted to cry. It's like he was so close to being with us, but there were still so many obstacles. I really didn't know how much more I could take.
I just couldn't believe he was standing there in front of me, holding me...after six months of being apart we were finally one again. Just thinking about it right now makes me tear up and smile at the same time :) My parents were already inside the house with Isabela, so I headed over to her and handed her over to her daddy. Besides the moment I first laid eyes on her and held her for the first time, this was the second most magical and indescribable moment I've ever witnessed! 
He just held her, so gently, looking down at her, instantly falling head over heels in love with her! I can only imagine how he felt at that moment...after not being there when she was born and missing out on the first month and a half of her life, he was finally seeing his beautiful daughter for the first time <3
The rest of the day he held her, fed her, changed her diapers, and put her down to sleep...there wasn't anything that needed to be done that he didn't do himself. Talk about being a wonderful, "hands on" kind of dad! Even at night, when I would normally do two feedings, he would wake up and take care of the second feeding so that I could get some extra sleep! All I know is that I felt so much love! Not only was he being a terrific husband, he was being a terrific father! I couldn't ask for more! In all reality though, I know he just really wanted to have that extra daddy time with his mariposa! ;) Haha! We had a wonderful time together and I will always cherish those first memories of us as a family of three! Unfortunately for us, a week and a half passed by and Jaccob had to leave us again :( He had to go back to Guam and finish whatever he had to so that he could receive orders and finally leave there for good. We definitely missed him a lot, but it wouldn't be too much longer until we would be reunited once again, and this time for good!!!





