Life as a mommy!




My life as a mommy...gosh where do I even begin? Ever since giving birth to Isabela my life has been turned upside down and inside and out, it's done a complete 180 but in the greatest way possible :) All those months that I was pregnant I tried to imagine how my life would be like once she was born and as much as I would daydream about what she would look like, how she would act and how I would be as a mommy, nothing comes remotely close to the actual thing! From the very moment I first looked at my baby girl I knew I was the luckiest person in the world and I knew I was holding onto someone special <3



Now when you're pregnant (especially once you start showing off that fabulous baby bump) the amount of advice and pointers you're given from friends and family, even random people you don't know, can be a little overwhelming. Everybody puts in their two cents about how you should feed her, how you should hold her, when to pick her up and the list goes on and on. I figured the best thing to do would be to take in all the advice I could! I figured those who had kids had already gone through what I was going through and so they knew of what worked and what didn't. They'd be my guide, their advice would put me ahead of the pack...so I thought. It all made sense, at least that was before she was born.

At the beginning it was kind of scary, I'm not gonna lie! I was freaked out about every little thing and anything I did for her I felt like I wasn't doing it right or that it wasn't good enough. Nothing ever really prepares you for motherhood and as much as you may read up on taking care of a baby you don't know how it is until it's staring you right in the face. Not even people telling you how it is can prepare you for what's in store. This is where my little theory didn't quite work out for me like I thought it would (although some advice did come in handy once or twice). Your experience is your own. Basically take in what you want and throw away the rest because ultimately it's whatever you feel comfortable with and whatever works for you and your baby, but you won't find out what that is until he/she is born.


Isabela and I on Easter Sunday :)


With time though things have started to fall into place. The first month or so was the toughest. Feeding the baby and getting into a schedule, changing diapers, putting on and taking off clothes and deciphering cries is a lot to handle and for me they were the hardest things to deal with (as I'm sure they are for a lot of first time moms). Now that she is almost 2 months old I've gotten a pretty good hold of them, although I'm no expert by any means, and we've gotten into our own nice little routine together. Some things still freak me out but now that I'm a parent I don't ever think that feeling will go away.

On a more lighter note, there was something that was wonderful even starting from the very beginning :) The fact that after all those long, stressful, wonderful, incredible, sometimes painful months I finally had what I had been patiently and not so patiently been waiting for...Isabela! She was such a blessing right from the start! Such a good baby! She was just so beautiful. And man can she sleep! Definitely takes after her momma in that ;) See for yourself!


Sleeping on her Abuelito's tummy :) her favorite spot!

I love this picture!

Her second favorite place to sleep...her bouncer seat!


I've only begun to scratch the surface on what having Isabela has meant to me and what my life means now that she's in it...I am absolutely crazy in love with her <3

Post a Comment


once upon a time...

i started this blog as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends. we moved to guam right after our wedding, so i needed a creative medium in which to share our new life together as newlyweds. as our lives began to change so did our family dynamic! our first addition to the family was our furry baby, kensy, an adorable german shepherd. then our greatest dreams came true when God blessed us with our daughters isabela and anya. almost 7 years later this blog now chronicles our lives as parents and also our kid's lives in both stories and pictures.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP