The BEAUTIFUL beginning!

So for those of you who don't know, Jaccob and I got married little over a year ago on July 9, 2005. We got married in my hometown of Torreón, Coahuila Mexico surrounded by our dear family and friends. Soon after the wedding (as in like 4 days...crazy!) we departed for this tiny little island in the middle of the Pacific...Guam.

Don't we make a BEAUTIFUL couple?!

Not many people have heard of Guam or if they have they have no idea where it is so let me clarify. You know where Japan is right? (please say you do) You know where Australia is? Well let's just say that we are smack dab in the middle of the two (relatively speaking), a little speck on the global map. That's Guam, that's where we are. But anyway I digress...Jaccob and I have been stationed here until sometime around February 2008. Jaccob is now a Lieutenant JG in the United States Navy and I couldn't be more proud of him! He is stationed on the USS Houston, a fast attack Los Angeles class submarine. Sounds all fancy huh?! :) Just kidding.

We have enjoyed this island life now for the past 1 year and a half and although Jaccob isn't here with me all the time, because of work, God has helped me tremendously in overcoming his abscence. I have made some amazing friendships here and I have been blessed with a wonderful job that I can actually be thankful for. Besides it's even that more fun when he does get to come home because I can spoil him all I want! I know Jaccob's weakness (besides me of course!) MEXICAN FOOD! I think that is his favorite thing ever, coming home to lots of rice, mole, chilaquiles, enchiladas and anything else truly Mexican. As Jaccob always tells people, "I can tell you where the best Mexican restaurant is...our house." :) It's makes me feel good knowing that he actually does love my cooking!!

I could go on forever and ever on our beginning here on Guam, but I guess I can always have a flashback sometime later on our blogspot! Ciao for now!

Anonymous –   – (12/21/2006 7:29 PM)  

Se ven hermosos juntos!
los quiero mucho! besidos! XOXO

Post a Comment


once upon a time...

i started this blog as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends. we moved to guam right after our wedding, so i needed a creative medium in which to share our new life together as newlyweds. as our lives began to change so did our family dynamic! our first addition to the family was our furry baby, kensy, an adorable german shepherd. then our greatest dreams came true when God blessed us with our daughters isabela and anya. almost 7 years later this blog now chronicles our lives as parents and also our kid's lives in both stories and pictures.


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP